A robotic vacuum makes the floor cleaning very practical. There are plenty of advantages to having a robot that vacuums the dust and carpets and for this reason, more and more people opt for a model that suits their cleaning needs. Only that floors also need to be mopped in order to completely remove stubborn dirt. Using a regular mop can be time-consuming for most people. This is why robot vacuum manufacturers started to design robot mops. While is true that having a dedicated robot mop may be more efficient to clean the floors, having 2 separate robots can be too much, especially if you live in a small house. Therefore, a 2-in-1 robot seems a practical solution.
To ease the process of finding a good robot, we selected the best models that successfully combine a powerful vacuum with an effective wet mop. We managed to find those models that have a good mopping function without compromising the vacuum performance. Just to make sure you find the best option for your needs, we reviewed the robots and we highlighted their advantages and disadvantages. All of them come with great features and are suitable for all types of floors but there are also differences between them. Keep reading to find out more.
- 1 Top 5 Floor Mopping Robots Comparison
- 2 Robotic Vacuum and Mop Combos Evaluated
- 3 Things We Considered Before Selecting the Products
- 4 Some Tricks to Get the Floors Really Clean
Top 5 Floor Mopping Robots Comparison
|Photo||Robot Vacuum||Dimensions (LxWxH/in.)||Run Time (min.)||Charge Time (min.)||Self Charging||Water Tank Capacity (fl. oz.)||Dust Bin Capacity (fl. oz.)||Cleaning Type||Price|
|1. ILife V5s Pro||11.8 x 11.8 x 3||110-120||280||✔||10.14||10.14||Sweep/ Vacuum/ Wet Mop|
|2. Ecovacs Deebot M80 Pro||13.9 x 13.9 x 3.3||110||240-300||✔||Incorporated in the wet/dry mop attachment||16.9||Sweep/ Clean, Vacuum, Wet/ Dry Mop|
|3. bObsweep PetHair Plus||13.8 x 13.8 x 3.9||75||180-240||✔||Incorporated in the wet/dry mop attachment||33.81||Sweep/ Clean, Vacuum, Wet/ Dry Mop, Sanitize|
|4. Coredy R500||12.8 x 12.8 x 2.7||110-120||240-300||✔||10.14||18.59||Sweep/ Clean, Vacuum, Wet/ Dry Mop|
|5. Proscenic 790T||13 x 13 x 3.5||100||300||✔||5.07||16.9||Sweep/ Vacuum/ Wet Mop|Robotic Vacuum and Mop Combos Evaluated ILife V5s Pro
For both vacuuming and mopping your floors, the best combination you can go with V5s Pro as it has some nice improvements in comparison to the V3s Pro. There are few combo robots that perform as well as this one, so it is our pick choice for this top. The robots made by ILife are recognized for their accessible price and high performance, being among the most popular ones at this moment.
The robot features a brushless motor and dual side weeper brushes and comes with various cleaning modes. Therefore, you can customize it according to your needs, so from this point of view it’s quite versatile. Among its most outstanding features we can enumerate the following:
- Mopping Function: comes with a microfiber mop cloth and a medium-sized water tank, being able to mop for approximately 80 minutes in a space up to 1900 sq.in. It has 2 nozzles that keep the mop cloth damp when it’s mopping the floors.
- i-Dropping technology: in order to prevent floor damage and to reduce water consumption, it sprinkles the floor only when the robot is moving.
- Edge brushes: the 2 edge brushes efficiently sweep the edges and corners of the room for a thorough cleaning.
- Pet hair technology: automatically detects and picks pet hair.
- Large wheels: allow it to easily climb carpets or thresholds.
- Max mode: provides more air flow regardless the type of floor.
In order to navigate the room faster, the robot has multiple built-in sensors. As a result, you can let it finish its job without worrying about any possible incidents.
- Obstacle sensors: comes with a full set of sensors that help it avoid collision with objects while cleaning the room. They are located in the front along with the Tpu bumpers that protect the furniture.
- Cliff-detection sensors: keep it away from stairs. The robot can clean an entire floor without supervision as once it detects stairs it changes its direction.
The compact design allows it to clean under low-profile furniture without getting stuck. It comes equipped with a HEPA filter that traps both large and small particles. For added convenience, you will receive an extra filter. The intuitive remote control allows you to perform multiple actions, including to schedule the robot and select the desired cleaning mode. Like most robots, it comes with the standard 1-year warranty.
- i-Dropping technology helps reduce water consumption and protects the floors
- Includes a HEPA filter that captures airborne particles
- Features built-in sensors that help it work faster
- Comes with multiple cleaning modes for different cleaning needs
- The included remote control is highly-responsive and easy to use
- Generous cleaning and mopping time
- The water tank and the dust bin are rather small
- The brushless motor makes it less efficient on carpets
Undoubtedly, this is a well-made robotic vacuum and mop that keeps your floors clean without effort. It doesn’t get stuck and it features a long battery life. The built-in features make it more efficient while the remote control makes it easier to control. Still, it needs a larger water tank and trash bin and a main brush to increase its performance on carpets.
Ecovacs Deebot M80 Pro
Made by Ecovacs, a brand with a 20-year history experience in the home robot industry, the M80 Pro is one of the most efficient vacuum and mop combos you can get in 2018. It is innovative, easy to use, and very silent – emits only 56 decibels. The many features it comes with make it a nice option for your floors, being able to handle them without difficulties.
You will be impressed with how well this robot can clean the floors. It delivers a powerful suction and the included brush helps it remove all the possible dirt. Then, it mops the floors and dries them, without requiring any human intervention.
- Advanced mop system: comes with a wet-dry reservoir where you can add water to mop the floors. The nice thing about it is that it can also dry the floors in a single pass. If you want, you can only use the dry mopping function which is similar to sweeping.
- Self-cleaning V-shaped brush-roll: does a really great job at lifting up dirt on floors and carpets. The main brush is able to clean itself by removing hair and debris.
- Long side brushes: includes 2 side brushes made of nylon fiber. They are very durable and help pick up more dust, especially from corners and edges.
- 4 cleaning modes: you can choose between auto mode – delivers standard cleaning, spot mode – cleans only a particular area, edge mode – focuses on both corners and edges, and intensive mode – increases the power suction and the rotating speed.
The unit features a smart motion navigation technology that helps it better navigate the house without getting stuck. It has no problems finding the docking station when it needs more juice.
- Infrared anti-collision sensors: help it avoid the obstacles in the room by changing its direction. Also, it has a bumper rail that provides protection for objects in case of impacts and collisions.
- Anti-drop sensors: the unit automatically detects the stairs, so you don’t have to worry about it falling down.
In order to remove the dust and allergens from the air, the unit comes with a high-efficiency filter that needs to be cleaned once per week and replaced every 4 to 6 months. For controlling it, you have multiple options, as you can use the remote control, your smartphone, or your voice – it is Amazon Alexa compatible. For easy removal, the dust bin is placed on the top. Last but not least, it is backed by a 1-year warranty.
- The mop attachment includes both a wet and dry mop
- Uses the smart motion technology combined with multiple sensors for an advanced navigation
- Features Wi-Fi connectivity and works with Amazon Alexa
- Comes with a user-friendly remote control
- Includes a high-efficiency filter to capture the dust and other particles
- Features a helix brush roll that cleans itself
- Long charging time, up to 4-5 hours
- The app is rather simple and it provides the same functions as the remote control
With a versatile mop attachment and multiple methods of control, the robot is one of the best options. It comes with many helpful features, like the V-shaped brush or the easy to empty dustbin. At the same time, the robot can vacuum and mop the floors on a single pass, so you can save more time for yourself. However, we don’t like the fact that it requires more time to recharge. Also, the app needs some improvements.
bObsweep PetHair Plus
The robot is designed for pet owners who want a clean house without hassle. Just like the previous model, this one comes with a mop attachment with a water tank included. You can also add a cleaning solution in the reservoir for a spotless and clean floor. It comes with 2 microfiber cloths that can be easily attached and detached via Velcro. Another feature that we like is the UV light. This helps sterilizes the floor by killing germs and bacteria. The model also features a powerful vacuum suction and is equipped with a main brush and a side brush. This means you can use it on all types of floors, including carpets.
The built-in infrared sensors keep it away from obstacles and stairs, so you don’t have to supervise it. One of the greatest advantages of this robot is the generous 33.81 ounces dustbin that collects and holds large amounts of debris. It is located in the back where you can also find the HEPA filter. This captures up to 99% of particles, including fur, mold, and dust mites. In order to control the robot, you can use the included remote control. However, due to the diagnosis system, the robot is easier to maintain as it keeps you informed about its state. It is warranted for a period of 2 years.
- The UV lamp is a great addition as it sterilizes the floor
- Includes a HEPA filter that captures up to 99% of airborne particles
- Comes with a spacious dustbin to collect more debris
- The mop attachment includes a reservoir where you can add water and cleaning solution
- Features TurboLift vacuum suction that helps it remove dust, debris, and pet hair more efficiently
- Includes a user-friendly remote control
- Less compact than the other models
- Has a short battery life
- The set up is rather difficult
In comparison to the other models, this one is a little bit more expensive. It comes with many nice features but also some drawbacks. We particularly like the large dustbin and the UV lamp. Also, it has a beautiful design. Unfortunately, it is not the best option for low-profile furniture and the life battery is rather short. Also, some customers complained about the fact that the set-up requires some time.
Although not as popular as the other brands, Coredy did a great job with this robotic vacuum and mop combo. It includes a medium-sized water tank and you can opt for both wet and dry mopping. The robot works for all types of floor, so it comes equipped with a roller brush that can pick up hair and debris without getting tangled. Also, it comes with 2 side brushes to clean the edges and corners. You can choose from 5 cleaning modes, including a max mode that delivers up to 1400Pa suction. At 2.8 inches, it features a low profile that allows it to easily get under sofa and furniture.
The smart sensor technology includes 12 infrared sensors and a pressure-sensitive bumper that enable it to navigate the house without damaging your furniture. Also, the anti-drop sensor technology makes sure the robot won’t fall down the stairs. The high-efficiency filter successfully captures small and large particles, so you can breathe a clean air every time it vacuums the house. It has a long battery life that can last up to 120 minutes. You can schedule the robot and select the desired cleaning mode via the included remote control. Also, another great advantage is that the robot is pretty silent, producing a noise less than 60 dB. Last but not least, it comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Features a slim design that makes it ideal for low-furniture
- Includes a high-efficiency filter that captures up to 99% of large and small particles
- Easily navigates the house with the dual anti-collision system and a drop sensor technology
- Long battery life
- Comes with a highly-responsive remote control
- At less than 60 dB it features a silent operation
- Needs up to 4-5 hours to fully charge
- Poor user manual
- It may have some difficulties in finding the docking station
Overall, this is a good robot that vacuums and mops the floors. It features a long battery life, a silent operation, and multiple cleaning modes to choose from. Additionally, the main brush is tangle-free, so it requires less maintenance. The only major drawbacks are the fact that it requires up to 5 hours to fully charge and occasionally it has problems to find its home.
This robot does a pretty good job when it comes to both vacuuming and mopping the floor. It works on all types of floors and is able to remove hair and debris from carpets. For more versatility, it comes with 2 vacuum components. The bristle brush is ideal for daily cleaning, while the vacuum port is suitable for capturing large particles of debris. Also, it features multiple cleaning modes and delivers a suction power of up to 1500Pa. Besides the main brush, it also features 2 side brushes to sweep the edges and corners.
Due to the iPNAS Programmed Cleaning System, the robot finds an efficient cleaning pattern to cover the entire floor. It features a triple anti-collision system that includes ultrasonic radar detection, anti-fall sensors, and obstacle sensors. It can easily climb carpets and threshold with a maximum height of 0.59 inches. In order to capture allergens and pet fur, this model comes with a HEPA filter. There are multiple ways of controlling this robot, so you can opt for the one that best suits your preferences. It includes a remote control and is Wi-Fi enabled. Also, you can use your voice to control it. The app features a visionary map that allows you to monitor the cleaning process. Like most robotic vacuums, it comes with the standard 1-year warranty.
- Features an advanced navigation system to find the most efficient cleaning path
- Comes with multiple sensors to avoid obstacles and stairs
- The HEPA filter captures allergens, dust, and pet hair
- Features multiple control methods as it is Wi-Fi connected, works with Alexa voice, and includes a remote control
- Has 2 vacuum options: a bristle brush and a vacuum port
- The app features a visionary map
- Takes up to 5 hours to fully charge
- Small water tank
- The brushes are not very durable
Besides the fact that you can control the robot via multiple methods, it features an advanced navigation system that helps it finish the job faster. The many built-in features make it very easy to use and increase its efficiency. Nevertheless, we don’t like the fact that it comes with a small water tank and doesn’t feature a long life battery. Also, the brushes wear out easily.
Things We Considered Before Selecting the Products
A hybrid robot can help you keep your floors sparkling clean without too much effort. It not only vacuums the floors but it also mops them to keep your house sanitized. Finding a combination robot cleaner is not very easy, as it has to deliver great performance both when vacuuming and mopping the floors. Therefore, we started our search by considering aspects that include the capacity of the water tank and dust bin or the battery performance. Of course, we also considered the size and the ease of use.
|Rating Criteria||Description||Model to Go With|
|Dust Bin Capacity||Before mopping the floors it is absolutely necessary to vacuum them to prevent spreading the debris around. For this reason, the robot needs a good suction power to pick up the most of the dirt. Some models can even increase their power suction to pull all the dirt out without any compromise. A good set of brushes will help clean the floors better, so besides the main brush, the robot should also come with at least one side sweeping brush. All the debris are collected in the dust bin, so its capacity plays an important role. Usually, since these devices are pretty compact, is rather difficult to find a model that comes with large dust bins and water tanks. In general, a large dust bin has a capacity of more than 20 ounces.||bObsweep PetHair Plus, Coredy R500, Ecovacs Deebot M80 Pro|
|Water Tank Size||For mopping the floor, the robot uses a microfiber mop cloth that can be easily attached and detached. In general, the mop cloth is washable, so you can use it for more than once. For more convenience, some models include an extra microfiber cloth. When you want to use the mopping function, you just have to add water in the water tank and the robot will automatically sprinkle the floor, thus providing a for wet-cleaning. Additionally, certain models allow you to choose between wet and dry mop. While the first one uses water, the second one performs a dry sweep. You can use this function before or after the wet mopping function. But not all hybrid robots feature the same mopping system. There are certain models that come with a mop attachment that also includes the water tank. So, it is not incorporated in the device. While you don’t need to much water to clean the floors, the water tank should have a capacity of approximately 10 ounces.||ILife V5s Pro, Coredy R500|
|Navigation System||The more advanced the navigation technology, the faster the robot will clean the house. And this without compromising efficiency. Most devices use all sorts of sensors that help them avoid objects and detect stairs. Once it detects an obstacle, the robot automatically changes its direction without stopping. For protecting both the furniture and the robot, some models come with shock-absorbing bumpers.||All robots have built-in sensors.|
|Battery Efficiency||These autonomous devices work on batteries, so they can only run for a certain period of time. In general, robots can continuously clean the house between one and two hours. Therefore, they may need to recharge once or twice before they finish cleaning the entire house. Of course, this depends on how big is the house. As about the charging time, some of them need 2 hours while others may need up to 4 or 5 hours to fully charge. The best option is to choose a model that charges fast and runs for more time on a full charge.||ILife V5s Pro|
|User Convenience||Currently, there are few robots that don’t recharge automatically when they run out of battery. So, from this point of view they are very convenient. This means that even if you’re not around, the device finds by itself the path back to the docking station. Some models can even remember where they left off and resume work. Unfortunately, none of the devices selected by us can do this, so you will have to help them continue their cleaning.||All robots return by themselves to the charging station.|
|Size||Considering the fact that hybrid robots can both vacuum and mop the floors, you may think that they are bulkier in comparison to the regular ones. But this is not necessarily true. There are some models that are quite compact, being able to clean under low-furniture without any problem.||ILife V5s Pro, Coredy R500| Some Tricks to Get the Floors Really Clean
While it is true that a robot can clean the floors all by itself, there are some things you can do to help it finish its job better and faster. Take a look at some of the most important ones.
Vacuum the Floors Before Mopping
If you want your floors to be super clean, always vacuum them before mopping to remove debris and hair. This is one of the main advantages of having an automatic vacuum mop cleaner – it will do both of them. Set the robot to first vacuum the floors and then to mop. Some units can do this in a single pass.
Remove Obstacles from the Floors
The built-in sensors of a robotic vacuum cleaner are meant to detect the obstacles in the room for a flawless navigation. But sometimes, the sensors may fail and the unit may not be able to avoid teh obstacles. Therefore, to prevent the robot running into objects, remove them before vacuuming the floors. You can do the same with the cables on the floor – to avoid the robot getting stuck in them, use cable wire clips.
Perform Regular Maintenance
Just like any other home appliance, a robot vacuum requires regular maintenance for delivering the same performance. The good thing is that it needs low maintenance – like cleaning the brushes and the sensors, replacing the filter or the brushes, and some others. Here is a simple care guideline.
Dust Bin Main Brush Side Brush Filter Sensors Wheels You should empty it after each use – even if it’s not completely full. Clean the brushes every week, or more often if you have pets. Make sure you replace them after 6 or 12 months. Clean it monthly Clean it weekly, or more often if you have pets. Replace it every 2 or 3 months. Clean them every month. Clean them every two weeks and replace them annually. Clean the Floors Frequently
To make sure the floors are always dirt-free, vacuum and mop them regularly. For removing dust and debris and reducing allergens, you should vacuum the floors weekly or twice a week if you have pets. Also, it is recommended to mop them every two weeks, or every week if you have pets. By doing so, you will increase the lifespan of your floors. Most robots can be scheduled to clean the house at a certain day and hour of the week – so you don’t even have to be at home. Anyway for wet mopping, it is best to always monitor the robot to prevent any floor damage.
Although there aren’t many robotic vacuum and mop combos, finding the best one is a difficult task. All of them promise to vacuum and mop the floor but only a few really manage to deliver the same performance in both cleaning functions. From our point of view, the winner of this category is ILife V5s Pro. Its strongest points are the compact design, the long running time, and the unique i-Dropping technology. As a result, all the dirt will be well taken care of without any effort on your part.
The runners-up won’t disappoint as each of the robots selected has innovative features that make it differentiate from the others. Both the Deebot M80 Pro and the bObsweep PetHair Plus come with an innovative mot attachment that includes a water reservoir. While the second one features a Wi-Fi connectivity, the second one includes a UV lamp that sterilizes the floors. The last 2 robots, Coredy R500 and Proscenic 790T are less renowned than the other models but they do a pretty good job when it comes to deal with stubborn dirt.